tisdag 15 januari 2013

My letter to you!

Dear students,

Thank you for all your letters. They were a lot fo fun to read! One student suggested that I tell you some things about myself, and that's a good idea since that's usually what I start out with when I meet new students - writing a letter to them:)

So! Hmmm... I'm 37. Which seems like a lot to me, but I'm trying to get used to nearing... dare I say it... middle-age. I have a husband, Fredrik, and two sons, Sam who is five, and Noa, who is ten months. Family life is fun, but also quite exhausting when you have small children. There is always something going on, someone talking, and I think the way to deal with it is trying to be in the moment and not think about what you are doing later, or what happened earlier and so on. Sometimes this is easy, and sometimes hard.

I don't really have a lot of time to myself. I try to read which I love, and I try to listen to music, which really energizes me. I often get caught up online though, checking Twitter, Instagram, my RSS feeds and well, you know there's a lot out there! Every other week I go swimming and I try to walk to work to get some basic exercise.

Something you definitely need to know about me is that I love my job! I've MISSED it these passed ten months! I always want to be a better teacher, so I'll definitely want your feedback from time to time. My  belief is that all students have potential, that everyone can learn and that learning takes work and is not based on "talent". Work can be fun though - like mine:)

Below, I've enclosed a fancy Prezi that I used last year as an introduction of myself to my new students. I hope you enjoy it:) Since there's no photo of my youngest boy in that Prezi, I'll add one at the end of this post!

Yours sincerely, Camilla



Noa!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar